Welcome to Kuhl Implement, LLC
Kuhl Implement, Inc. was started by Harland Kuhl in 1956. When he started the business he sold used farm equipment.
In 1958 Harland (Butch Kuhl) purchased the John Deere business, which was at that time located in Neillsville, from Otto Hainz. He moved the John Deere business to Granton, adding it to his existing used equipment business. Two years later, in 1960, the New Holland farm equipment line was added. Kuhl Implement was housed in a Quonset style building until the fall of 1971, at that time the Quonset was moved off its foundation and construction began on a new building on the same site.
Harland’s son, Wayne, started in the business at a very young age. When the business became incorporated in 1968, Wayne became the vice president and remained that until his dad’s retirement. Wayne became the president in 1999.
2003 brought another change to the business. With the changing times and single-store dealerships starting to be added to larger multi-store dealerships, we made the decision to sell our John Deere dealership and focus on our farm. With our used equipment not sold in the transition we still found ourselves in the used equipment business. In a few months it became apparent that Wayne loved selling used equipment and the need was definitely there.
In 2009 a new business was formed. We are now known as Kuhl Equipment, LLC. A new name, but same ownership and dealer values.
On January 1, 2004 Dave Seif whom was employed for us prior to the sale came back on board. He has become an instrumental part of our business. His expertise in the sales arena is phenomenal, and his grasp of the new technology is amazing. He also helps with our farm operation.
Jerry Paulson, whom also worked for us since February 1977, minus a one year stint at the multi-store dealership from 1 July 2003 until July of 2004 decided to come work with us. His knowledge of our business is outstanding. He can also be found in a tractor spring and fall helping with the planting and harvesting on our farm!
Wayne’s wife Janice started in the business on March 1, 1970 shortly after she and Wayne were married. She still remains working with the business taking care of the accounting and other tasks.
Since Wayne’s dad Harland starting in 1956 our core values have never changed. Our goal is to sell our customers quality products at a fair price in a family owned small store setting.